Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Nailing It

Nail art seems to be quite the trend this summer.  Whether it be painted on or decals, I've seen all different designs.  I received the Sally Hansen Salon Effects in my Voxbox from Influenster.  While I won't use the laced up design, some of them are pretty cute, and seem easy to apply.

This tutorial, from The Beauty Department is a pretty subtle robin's egg look, and would be an easy DIY.  TBD has a ton of easy tutorials for nails, hair, and makeup.


The Tropical Sunset nail, pinned from here,  is a take on an ombre nail with a lovely palm tree on one nail.  I love this one!



What do you think about the single accent nail?  I think it depends, sometimes I like it, and sometimes I think it just looks goofy.  These two, pinned here, and here, I like.





However, these Winnie the Pooh nails, I think take it a little too far.


That's the great think though, there are so many different ways you can go with it!  I know that I would probably go to a salon to have anything like this though.  My left hand would be ok, but my right would be a disaster.

Oh, and by the way, I did start my bracelet making extravaganza last weekend.  I made 5 and though I did lose my patience a bit, it didn't go too bad.  No pics yet, I'm still working out the kinks.





No comments:

Post a Comment