I admit, I've been a little MIA lately. Work, and life have been busy. I'm on vacation this week with virtually nothing to do, so expect a post heavy week. I'm in complete relaxation mode. Let's see if I can keep from going crazy of boredom by Weds.
I received my July Birchbox on Friday. For those of you who have never heard of Birchbox, it's a $10 monthly beauty sample subscription service. Like a magazine, they ship around the 10th of the month and you receive a box with 4 to 6 deluxe samples (somewhat) tailored to you. Back to July's box. This month BB partnered with Glamour Magazine to bring us the 5 senses of summer. I'm not sure I agree with how BB matches each of these items with the senses, but that's ok.
There were 31 box variations that went out this month. I received either 3, 10, or 30. The only difference between those 3 was the color of the lip glaze, so I'm not positive on which one I got. Here's what was in my box:
- Oscar de la Renta Live in Love perfume - Not bad, I had kept seeing that this was a "grandma" scent, but I didn't mind it. (This would be the smell sense)
- Birchbox exclusive earbuds - These obviously aren't the best quality, but it's nice to have a spare pair.(Hear sense)
- Larabar Uber Roasted Nut Roll - I'm not a huge fan of getting food in my box, but I like Lara Bars so no biggie. (Taste sense)
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in golden - I've posted before about how much I like this product. The sample size will give me 3 or 4 uses and the color is right for me.(See sense)
- Alterna Bamboo UV+ Color Protection Fade Proof Fluide - Wow that's a long name. I have colored hair, so I'll probably give this a try. Anything that can help my fake red from fading is a win in my book. (Feel sense)
- Stila Lip Glaze in Action - The color is pretty, I'm not a big fan of lip glazes though. I live by my Fresh Sugar Plum, so this will probably be given away.
All in all not a bad box, but not my favorite either. I love Birchbox, they have a great point program so in a few months I'll be able to order a bunch of full size products pretty much for free.
Interested in Birchbox? Get on the waitlist here.