Friday, July 6, 2012

My hoarding tendencies

I don't like clutter.  I don't have a lot of knick knacks, or things that need dusting.  I don't change my home decor depending on the seasons, because I don't want to store things.  Each year we put up less and less Christmas decorations because again, I don't want to store it.  If it were up to me, I would be fine without a tree too, but my husband isn't going for that.  This is a trait I inherited from my Mom and I'm thankful for it.  I don't have an emotional attachment to "things". 

For some reason though, I seem to hoard samples of beauty products.  It used to be contained to just one drawer, but that drawer is now barely closing.


It's moved on to a basket below, and a cabinet in the bathroom.  And this is before my July Birchbox, and New Beauty Test Tube,  not to mention I have samples on the way from Melvita and Mario Badescu.  I don't know why, but I rarely use any of the samples I receive.  I love the anticipation of getting them, but then they move on to the drawer never to be seen again, unless someone comes to stay with us, or a friend asks for something specific.  Maybe I should sell them in lots on ebay, or trade them on makeuptalk.com for something I will use.

In the mean time, anybody need anything?

And btw, those Boscia blotting papers?  Pointless.  I used 1 so there are 99 left in the packet.  The best blotting paper I've found is a Starbucks napkin and they're free.

No comments:

Post a Comment