Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Influenster


Last month I received my first Influenster box.  Influenster is a trendsetter community where you use your influence to qualify for complimentary product shipments, rewards & deals fit for your lifestyle.  The more active you are in it, the more perks you get.  I signed up in March, unlocked some badges, and honestly forgot about it.  I was on vacation in April when I received an e-mail that I was picked to received their Spring Beauty Vox Box.  The best part about it?  It's free!  You're basically a  product tester.  They send you goodies, you test them out, and review the products.  There are brand challenges you can do to earn more good stuff.  Like what you got?  Post it on FB, twitter, or blog about it.


Since this was my first box, I had no idea what to expect.  Since it was the "beauty" box, I figured I couldn't go wrong though.  After much anticipation, and some delays due to a wait for one of the products, I received my box.


A Blueberry Soyjoy bar
Bath & Body Works fragrance mist in Paris Amour
Chapstick Shield 365 spf 50
Sally Hansen Salon Effects in lace
Aveeno body wash
Dr. Scholls Ball of Foot inserts
Sheer Cover concealer (Don't see that in the box?  They didn't send it to me)


While I wasn't excited about anything in this box, I had to keep reminding myself that it was free.  Soyjoy bar? Pretty gross.  I gave the Dr. Scholls to a friend who always wears heels, wouldn't do me any good in flip flops.  The chapstick is fine, it's chapstick.  I haven't tried the Salley Hansen nail stickers, the black lace doesn't interest me.  The Paris Amour I really didn't like, it had a powdery scent that I didn't care for at all.  The great thing?  I took it to Bath and Body Works and they exchanged it for me.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner.


Influester says they're going to be adding more boxes, I don't know exactly what the criteria is for getting picked for one.  You can't really complain about free stuff though.  I'll fill out my reviews, and wait to get picked for another one, but I'm not stressing over it.

Want to get free boxes?  Join Influenster here.

Pssst, Birchbox released their June box sneak peek.  Find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment