Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Homegoods

This has nothing to do with beauty products, but I thought I'd share my excitement from my shopping trip to Homegoods over the weekend.  If you've never been to Homegoods before, it's owned by TJ Max and Marshall's, but it's strictly products for the home. 



Now, I don't shop at Marshall's or TJ Max.  I don't have any problem with discount shopping, but their clothing sections always seem so chaotic.  I'm not a big fan of clothes shopping as it is, so the last thing I want is chaos added to it.  However, when it comes to items for my house, I'll dig for hours.  This was my first trip there, the closest one to me is about 45 minutes away.  I invited my sister in law to come along, it's usually tough to get her out of the house on the weekends, but she jumped at the chance to go, so I knew this would be worth the drive. 

The store is separated into sections, kitchen, bed/bath, wall art, furniture, accents, outdoors, lighting and mirrors.  For as much stock as they had, I'd say it wasn't as chaotic as I would've thought, especially since the store itself isn't very big.  I went in with no expectations, and not looking for anything in particular, which I think made it more fun.

The first thing I saw when I walked in the door was this dish, perfect for holding salt scrub in my bathroom.  And at $3 I couldn't pass it up.



I'm always looking for tablecloths, it's hard to find a round one in the colors I like.  This baby was only $7.



Oh, and that sweet capiz like picture frame, $5 and they had them in quite a few shapes and sizes.

Onto bedding.  If it were up to me, I would just throw my sheets out every week and buy new ones.  Sleeping on brand new sheets is one of my favorite things in life.  And at $40 for a queen set, I wasn't about to pass it up.


I picked up some other items, big and small.  About half way into our excursion we had to split into 2 carts.  My entire haul?  $110 with tax.  I would think if you were looking for something specific, it may be hard to find at a place like Homegoods, their stock is changing all the time.  But, if you go in like I did, with zero expectations, that's when you find the real treasures.

Are you a Homegoods shopper?  Find any great items lately?





No comments:

Post a Comment