Friday, October 12, 2012

Want to help me pack?

So getting ready to move sucks.  We've been in our house for 14 years next week.  There are so many little things that have needed to be done for so long, and we just kept putting them off.  Now that we want to move in the next couple months, everything needs to be done NOW.  The list is looooong, with not a lot of time, and trying to spend the least amount of money possible.  We've been painting trim, and doors every free minute we have.  I currently have living room furniture in my kitchen, and since we decided we're going to sell a lot of our furniture and buy new, we're sleeping on a mattress on the floor.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that our bedroom set sold so fast, but having all of Steve's clothes in tubs kind of sucks.  I'm not one for ironing, so if you see us in the next month or two, he's gonna be wrinkly.  My wonderful friend has been at our house painting the ceilings for us this week.  Have I mentioned how much I hate to paint?  I do.  A lot.  The realtor said maybe it would be a good idea to paint more neutral colors (I like bright, orange, yellow, green, you need sunglasses in my house.)  We're painting the ceiling white, good enough for me.  I know there are people out there who can't get over color, but if you're not going to buy my house because you don't like the paint color, then I don't want you to have it.

We picked out our cabinets and countertops last weekend, hopefully they'll be in around the first weekend of Nov.  Tile is being purchased tonight, that gives Steve 3 weeks to get the floor done.  Sounds like plenty of time right?  We'll see about that. 

I have another interview in 20 minutes, wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes!

First world problems:  I love reading other blogs, but when you're 24, still in school and your parents pay your rent so you don't need to work, don't complain that you missed out on that great Kate Spade purse because you couldn't get online fast enough for the sale.  Some of us have to work our booties off to be able to afford a Kate Spade.  At the outlet.  For 60% off.

Edited to add:  You bet I went online to see if there's a Kate Spade outlet near where we'll be in TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment