Friday, October 12, 2012

Hey, I'm still here

So yeah, just call me slacker.  It’s not that I don’t have anything to say, because I do.  I guess I’ve just become a little disenchanted with the beauty world lately.  I go on the beauty forums, and lately, it seems like no one is happy with anything.  I went on Birchbox’s Facebook page the other day, and saw people threatening to tell everyone in the WORLD what a waste the service is because one of the samples they got was too small, and another complaining about getting nail polish in their beauty box.  I mean, the nerve!  Who would want a beauty product in their beauty box?  I look at it this way, Birchbox is fun.  $10 a month is going twice to Starbucks, if I don’t get something great in my box this month, I hope next month will be better.  If it’s not, then it’s up to me to cancel or find another box I like better.  It’s things like this that have just kind of taken the fun out of it for me lately. 

So, here’s what’s new with me.  We’re moving to TX.  Not like, we’re talking about maybe moving at some point in the future, we’re moving.  I’ve been interviewing with a company, and it’s looking pretty good.  We have a town picked out we like, and are going down next month to check it out and look at some houses.  We’re working with a realtor, and trying to remodel our kitchen in the next month to get our house on the market by Thanksgiving.  Do I want to move in the middle of winter? No!  But, at least we’re heading south away from the cold, right?  So, in an effort to get back into blogging more, besides my usual hoarding of beauty products, I’m asking you to follow me as this Chicago girl heads south to TX.  I’m sure I’ll have a lot to talk about.

First world problems:  I’m 5’7”, why is it that if I buy regular length jeans I can sew them up at the bottom like they’re footie pajamas?  I bought a pair in short length yesterday and they’re perfect.  If I’m considered short, what is regular?


No comments:

Post a Comment