Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I need a rain day

Is it bad that I'm hoping for a rain day on the weekend so I can get caught up around here?  I have a list of things to post about, and a pile of products I need to take pictures of, and no time to do it.  I don't think I'll get my rain day this weekend, but I'm hoping to carve some time out.  We have a realtor coming tonight to tell us what we need to do in order to get our house ready to sell, so I'm sure that list won't be short.  It seems any free time we do get is spent taping and painting.  I'm hoping to get all the little things done before we start the big things. Kitchen and bath remodel anyone?  It'll all be worth it when we're packing up and on our way to Texas!
 
So a short post today, anyone use Twistbands?  I received one in my first Birchbox, and pretty much immediately ordered a 6 pack of them.
 

So yes, I paid $12 for 6 little pieces of elastic, but for my thick hair they work so well!  They're gentle on hair, and don't leave a dent.  I spend many weekends on the back of a motorcycle.  If we stop and get off anywhere I usually look like I just got out of a wind tunnel.  With these I can take my hair down, run a brush through it and I'm good to go.  Really though? $12 for 6?  I thought I could do better than that, and I did.
 
 
I give you 80 for a whopping $16, and $4 of that was shipping!  I was able to get 20 yards of the same elastic Twistband uses and in under an hour made all these.  I held one of mine next to one of the authentic bands and couldn't tell the difference.  Twistband would charge over $156 for these.  Now will I ever use all of them? No.  But, I did put them on my trade list, if they help get me more products that I'll use for virtually $0 then it was definitely worth it!





No comments:

Post a Comment